Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seedlings



These are my tiny little seedlings. Since I don't have a real garden and can't make too elaborate plans (which I do anyway!) I don't really plan when I plant my seeds. So it happens on days when I dream of winter being over, seeing the first few rays of sun hitting the balcony. I grab some potting soil, some pots, seeds and start enjoying my black nails. I don't know anything about the ideal time to plant your seeds. This is something I will dive into when I have an actual garden.
So for now my collection of seedlings of herbs I love to have fresh. Aren't they darling and full of promise.










I've planted oregano, parsley, lavender, coriander, basil and camomile.
Last year I didn't have any luck with the camomile, but they look better this year. The oregano is very shy still and only one lavender seed is growing. But the coriander is bursting with life (it also has the sunniest spot in my window)





I'll start planting my vegetables and flowers a little later (though I couldn't help myself to plan some of them already...!)

Next time I'm sowing I want to try soaking the seeds first. I've found info on that here, via Pinterest of course

No comments:

Post a Comment