Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On being angry instead of being sad


Sometimes things don't work out the way they're supposed to. Sometimes a lot of things don't work out the way they're supposed to, which happens to me a lot lately. When this happens I'm very prone to becoming sad. Feeling sad makes me want to hide in my bed, under the blankets and hope everything will magically disappear. It makes me feel weak, small and unaccomplished.
Today I had a revelation. Things didn't work out the way they were supposed to, multiple times and not because of anything I did wrong. But instead of getting sad, I got angry. And in this anger I found new energy, new motivation. It gave me inspiration to do better and to let people who didn't give me a chance see that I am very damn good at what I do! Wether or not I will actually accomplish that doesn't matter, it was great not to feel small and insignificant after something went wrong, but powerful and meaningful.
I understand that this doesn't apply in every situation, focusing on getting angry in a fight might not be the best, but I will definitely try to apply this more in my life.

Picture by me of Danstheater Adentro

No comments:

Post a Comment